for temporary relief of minor vaginal irritation or itching
For vaginal use only
Do not use
- if you have an iodine sensitivity
- to prevent pregnancy
- if you are trying to become pregnant or during pregnancy
- if you have symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), such as lower abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, and/or a pus-like yellow cervical discharge; see a doctor right away
- if you have symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases (STD), such as vaginal discharge of an unusual amount, color, or odor, painful and/or frequent urination, genital sores or ulcers; see a doctor right away
- to self-treat or prevent an STD or PID
- after exposure to an STD
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- douching results in pain, soreness, swelling, redness, itching, excessive dryness, or irritation
- symptoms continue after 7 days
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Preparing the douche:
- remove sanitary overwrap and unscrew nozzle cap
- carefully open the medicated packet and pour into the douche bottle. The contents can stain certain materials.
- screw the nozzle cap back onto the bottle
- swirl bottle gently to mix
- after mixing, use within one hour
When and how to douche:
- use once daily for seven days, even if symptoms disappear sooner
- gently insert nozzle into vagina, no more than 3 inches, and slowly squeeze bottle
- do not close the vaginal opening; douching solution should flow freely out of vagina
- use while sitting on the toilet, in the tub, or while standing in the shower
- an association has been reported between douching and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), ectopic pregnancy, and infertility. It is not currently known whether douching is causally related to these conditions, but women should be aware of this association.
- see a doctor right away if you have symptoms of PID or STD
- bottle and douche concentrate packet sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal under cap is torn or missing, or packet is leaking.
citric acid, edetate disodium, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium lauryl sulfate, trisodium phosphate
Question or comments?
Product # 3040 Version 11, 3026 Version 12